Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hls140 at yahoo dot com hls140 at yahoo dot com is offline

Default Trouble converting from Lotus Notes Database Doc to Word 2003

I've recently had word 2003 installed on my PC and can no longer do an Export
to .rtf from Lotus Notes and open up in Word. (I was using a previous
version--perhaps 2000) Previously, I was able to export to .rtf, open in
word, change the page margins etc. and get everything to look okay. Now,
however, when I open the .rtf, all the text is just in a single line down the
left of my screen. Can anyone help? Is there a patch for this, or is there
some way that I can have the older version of word with XP, while still
having the Office 2003 sweet? I've actually purchased a pdf converter
because I know that I can save to pdf from Lotus Notes, but even this doesn't
capture all of the text. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks very much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi hls

hls140 at yahoo dot com wrote:
I've recently had word 2003 installed on my PC and can no longer do an Export
to .rtf from Lotus Notes and open up in Word. (I was using a previous
version--perhaps 2000) Previously, I was able to export to .rtf, open in
word, change the page margins etc. and get everything to look okay. Now,
however, when I open the .rtf, all the text is just in a single line down the
left of my screen. Can anyone help? Is there a patch for this, or is there
some way that I can have the older version of word with XP, while still
having the Office 2003 sweet? I've actually purchased a pdf converter
because I know that I can save to pdf from Lotus Notes, but even this doesn't
capture all of the text. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks very much!

hmm, in theory, I'm pretty sure Word 2003 is supposed to be able to read
in an RTF file from a previous version. If it's correct ... :-)

A (very) casual search seems to indicate that you are not alone with
this problem. I found discussions of fixes 3rd party tools:

http://www.google.ch/search?q=export...ient=firefox-a

Greetinx
Robert
--