jonh

Default Printing labels to a dot matrix printer

I am trying to get Word 2003 to print labels using a custom paper size. The
page layout is set to the correct label dimensions (78 mm tall). When
printing the first label comes out OK but then the printer advances the paper
about 11 inches.

I suspect the driver is causing this, could it be sending a form feed for
every page break instead of a few line feeds? If so, how do I change this?

If not, can you make any other suggestions?

Thanks
Graham Mayor

It's been a long time since I messed with dot matrix printers, however Word
will only do what the printer driver will allow and is poor with custom
paper sizes. Standard labels will be set-up in the label wizard under the
dot matrix options. Your printer may have a dipswitch that allows it to work
as a continuous tractor drive with no skip over perforations. At present it
is printing A4 pages (or US letter) with skip-over perforations set.