Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default can I scan a image into a word 2010 document?

can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
built in?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The information in the following article on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website applies equally to 2010

http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

Office 2010 does have OCR Built In, but may not be activated by default.
The steps for activating it are the same as for 2007 and are as detailed on
the following website

http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Peter" wrote in message
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
built in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

I just installed Office 2010 Beta, but could not find the OCR feature (MODI)
as described in the referred Office 2007 article.

"Peter" wrote in message
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have OCR
built in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said, the steps for activating it in Office 2010 are the same as for
2007 and are as detailed on
the following website

http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Peter" wrote in message
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have
OCR
built in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TriBuck TriBuck is offline

The current Office 2010 beta does not have a change option. Just an
uninstall. I am still searching for our answer as well...

"Peter" wrote in message
can I scan a image into a word 2010 document and does Office 2010 have
OCR
built in?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The RTM does have a Change Option.

I do not know if you will be able to to a Custom Install (or any Install for
that matter) of the Beta after you Uninstall it.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

As I said, the steps for activating it in Office 2010 are the same as for
2007 and are as detailed on
the following website

http://www.geckoandfly.com/2008/07/1...t-office-2007/

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.