Olma

Default Word 2003 hangs while opening a document with turkish symbols

I have english version of Word 2003 installed on Win XP (eng also).
I use three languages - English, Russian and Turkish.
There are no any problems with opening documents written in English or
Russian. But when I try to open a document where Turkish is used Word freezes
for long time (10-15 min). After that time I can work with this document.

This problem appeared after I updated Word XP to Word 2003.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?T2xtYQ==?=,

The most common reason for documents opening only after a long delay is that
Word can't find the template for the document. Don't know if that would be the
case, here, though.

Once you have such a document open, if you go to Tools/Templates and Addins you
should see the path where the document template Word expects to use. Does this
file actually exist on your computer?

If you attach a different template (Normal.dot, for example) to the document
does it open any faster?

I have english version of Word 2003 installed on Win XP (eng also).
I use three languages - English, Russian and Turkish.
There are no any problems with opening documents written in English or
Russian. But when I try to open a document where Turkish is used Word freezes
for long time (10-15 min). After that time I can work with this document.

This problem appeared after I updated Word XP to Word 2003.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)