Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
greco greco is offline

Default error! style not defined

How do I get rid of this error? This error appears on my one computer but not
on the other when opening the same document. I'm using windows XP prof and
word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This error message is generated by the STYLEREF field when it cannot find the
referenced style. This frequently happens with built-in styles when a
document is opened in different language versions of Word.

For the built-in headings you can work around the problem by replacing the
style name with the heading level. For example: { STYLEREF 1 } would
reference the text of the top-level built-in heading in any language version
of Word.

For non-heading built-in styles, replace it with a custom style; and then
alter the STYLEREF field to use the new style name.

To change any field code, press Alt+F9; Word displays field codes. Type the
desired code (within the braces), press F9 and then press Alt+F9 again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"greco" wrote:

How do I get rid of this error? This error appears on my one computer but not
on the other when opening the same document. I'm using windows XP prof and
word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It should work. But in some versions of Word, if you apply a style
with an alias to a paragraph that has a section break, the STYLEREF
doesn't work: it displays blank.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Would it work equally well to add a custom stylename to a built-in

style as
an alias (in any language)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.