Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluebonnet Bluebonnet is offline

Default Unable to change page number format

I am revising a document that someone else prepared a year ago, updating it
for the current year. The doc is divided into three sections, with the page
numbering starting over at the beginning of each section. The numbers
themselves are correct.

However, the format for all three sections is i, ii, iii, iv, etc. I would
like to keep this format for the first section, but I'd like to use regular
numbers (1,2,3, etc.) in the body. I have tried turning on the header and
footer toolbar, then changing the number format, but the second I click "OK",
it reverts back to the i,ii,iii, etc. It's as if it's locked or something!
I've used this method countless times before and it worked just fine, though
not on a document I "inherited" from someone else.

Please, does anyone know if it is possible to somehow "unlock" this so that
I can reformat my page numbers. I so do not want to have to retype the whole
thing to get it the way I want it!!!!!!

Thanks very much for any help you can provide...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It should not be necessary even to unlink the header/footer in Section 2
from the one in Section 1 for this to work, but it can't hurt. Then change
the format in just Section 2. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"Bluebonnet" wrote in message
[...]

alternate page numbers blu_lagoon Page Layout 5 January 6th 07 03:39 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number - hebrew format שי גבאי Microsoft Word Help 3 February 23rd 06 05:09 PM
page number booklet format bag lady Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 05 06:03 AM
custom format a page number Danny Microsoft Word Help 6 April 22nd 05 12:14 AM