rhewell

Default Inserting a hyperlink - Place in this document

Using Word 2003

I have created a template where I have 2 sets of headings. One set of
headings is unnumbered -- and use the Microsoft built-in heading style.

The other set is outlined numbered headings (set up using Shauna's
instructions). They are named Num_Heading_1, Num_Heading_2, etc.

My question has to do with inserting hyperlinks. If I select text and then
go to Insert Hyperlink, then select "Place in the document" in the document
box, the numbered headings don't show up -- only the headings using the
build-in headings styles.

Is there any way that I can make my numbered headings show up in the Heading
list so it is easy to select for hyperlinking? I tried basing my
Num_Heading_1 on Heading 1, Num_Heading_2 on Heading 2, etc -- but that
didn't seem to help. I know that I could make each numbered heading a
bookmark -- but I would rather do it automatically if that is possible.

Thanks for your help,
Rita
--
rhewell

It would have been a good idea to modify some of the built-in heading styles
for your numbered headings. As it is, you have no choice but to manually
bookmark them. You can insert cross-references to "Numbered items," and
those cross-references can be hyperlinks, but for just plain hyperlinks,
you'll need to bookmark the headings.

"rhewell" wrote in message
news
[...]

rhewell

Hi, Suzanne --

Thanks for the response. As far as modifying some of the built-in headings
--- if I used say, built-in Heading 1 through Heading 5 for my unnumbered
headings and then used built-in Heading 6 through Heading 9 formatted as my
outline numbered headings, then that should work?

Thanks,
Rita

"rhewell" wrote in message
[...]

Yes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It would have been a good idea to modify some of the built-in heading

styles
for your numbered headings. As it is, you have no choice but to manually
bookmark them. You can insert cross-references to "Numbered items," and
those cross-references can be hyperlinks, but for just plain hyperlinks,
you'll need to bookmark the headings.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.