Linda

Default Copying and pasting

When I copy from 1 document into a new template and then save my new
document, it is blank when I open it back up. Has anyone else heard of this
and if so do you know of a fix? Below are the steps I use:
1. Copy - I go to Edit--Select All--Copy (Ctl-C)
2. Open new template--Paste (Ctl-V)
3. Alt+C to close my document, which prompts me to save as.
4. Type in name of document.
5. Re-open the document I have just saved -- it is blank.

Thanks for any help.
Jezebel

First, just to be clear: when you say 'into a new template' do you really
mean a new *template* or a new *document* based on the template?

When you do the paste, do you see what you pasted?

"Linda" wrote in message
When I copy from 1 document into a new template and then save my new
document, it is blank when I open it back up. Has anyone else heard of

this
and if so do you know of a fix? Below are the steps I use:
1. Copy - I go to Edit--Select All--Copy (Ctl-C)
2. Open new template--Paste (Ctl-V)
3. Alt+C to close my document, which prompts me to save as.
4. Type in name of document.
5. Re-open the document I have just saved -- it is blank.

Thanks for any help.

Linda

I'm sorry, I was trying to make it clear that I was using a template-based
document. I am creating a document based on the template (so I'm not just
going to a "new" Word document by clicking on the white paper on the tool bar.

"Linda" wrote in message
When I copy from 1 document into a new template and then save my new
document, it is blank when I open it back up. Has anyone else heard of

this
and if so do you know of a fix? Below are the steps I use:
1. Copy - I go to Edit--Select All--Copy (Ctl-C)
2. Open new template--Paste (Ctl-V)
3. Alt+C to close my document, which prompts me to save as.
4. Type in name of document.
5. Re-open the document I have just saved -- it is blank.

Thanks for any help.

Linda

I probably have my own macro to close - I checked and thought it was a Word
Macro. I have no problem with closing a document at any other time (or when
I am doing this), it is when I re-open a document (no matter what steps I use
to close it - mouse, macro, Word shorcuts), it is blank after the last step
is pasting something into it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Close would be Alt, F, C.