Ray_Johnson

Default Date formatting in text form field

I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmF5X0pvaG5zb24=?=,

I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

1. Which version of Word are you using?

2. With which LANGUAGE is the text containing the form field formatted?

3. What's your system language?

4. What date format is set for your system's short date?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Ray_Johnson

1. Word 2003
2. English-United States (US)
3. English-United States (US)
4. Short date format (per Control Panel) is 1/6/2005

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UmF5X0pvaG5zb24=?=,

I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

1. Which version of Word are you using?

2. With which LANGUAGE is the text containing the form field formatted?

3. What's your system language?

4. What date format is set for your system's short date?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmF5X0pvaG5zb24=?=,

1. Word 2003
2. English-United States (US)
3. English-United States (US)
4. Short date format (per Control Panel) is 1/6/2005

Hmmm. I'm unable to duplicate the problem, here. I recognize the problem you're
describing, as it was a major issue for mail merge within NON-U.S. system setings in
Word 2002. But I've never seen it crop up for a system configured with U.S.
settings, before.

You're not using a Tablet PC? Which version of Windows? If you boot Windows in Safe
Mode, does the behavior change?

I have a text form field formatted as type: date and date format: MMMM d, yyyy

When I lock the document and type January 5, 2005 it changes it to May 1,
2005. I realize there's a difference between 1/5/05 and 5/1/05 and the
computer is switching it to the other format, but how do I fix
it...particularly when I go to the trouble of actually typing "January."

1. Which version of Word are you using?

2. With which LANGUAGE is the text containing the form field formatted?

3. What's your system language?

4. What date format is set for your system's short date?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)