Mandy

Default letterhead

Have created a new letterhead is there a simple way to transpose existing
documents to this letterhead rather than having to cut and paste all details?
Fred Goldman

Save it as a template.

"Mandy" wrote:

Have created a new letterhead is there a simple way to transpose existing
documents to this letterhead rather than having to cut and paste all details?

Charles Kenyon

Create a template. Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other
document where you want one header on the first page and a different header
on other pages. http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives
step-by-step instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mandy" wrote in message
news
Have created a new letterhead is there a simple way to transpose existing
documents to this letterhead rather than having to cut and paste all
details?

Create a new document based on the template and use Insert | File to insert
an existing one. There's no shortcut for this, unfortunately, and note that
if the documents contain CreateDate fields, they'll be updated. If the
letterhead is limited to changes in the Header or First Page Header, it
would be easier to open the existing documents and paste the new letterhead
in; if the letterhead has different margins, styles, etc., then you'll need
the Insert File method. I wouldn't advise this for existing documents,
however, if they are historical letters.

news