Patrick Maxon

Default Using mailmerg to fill out forms to mail out

I have created a form which I am going to mail out to members of a group. I
am merging from a member database to fill out the form as much as I can.
This is for renewing membership into the club. I have a field called
family/single in my database which has an "s" or a "f" in it. On my form, I
have two fields with checkboxes. One called Family and the other called
Single. Is there a way that I can interrogate the database field and place
an "X" in the appropriate checkbox on the form for family or single during a
merge?

TIA!

Pat

Doug Robbins

Use an If...then...else field. You will actually need 2 of them

In the Family Checkbox, use

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "family/Single" } = "f" "X" "" }

and in the Single Checkbox use

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "family/Single" } = "s" "X" "" }

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Patrick Maxon" wrote in message
I have created a form which I am going to mail out to members of a group. I
am merging from a member database to fill out the form as much as I can.
This is for renewing membership into the club. I have a field called
family/single in my database which has an "s" or a "f" in it. On my form,
have two fields with checkboxes. One called Family and the other called
Single. Is there a way that I can interrogate the database field and place
an "X" in the appropriate checkbox on the form for family or single during
a merge?

TIA!

Pat

Patrick Maxon

How do I put this "in" the checkbox? Macro... VB?
"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
Use an If...then...else field. You will actually need 2 of them

In the Family Checkbox, use

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "family/Single" } = "f" "X" "" }

and in the Single Checkbox use

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "family/Single" } = "s" "X" "" }

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid consulting basis.