mark P

Default incorrect date format in mail merge

Date appears OK in Access table ( 15 Jun 2005)but appears incorrectly in word
doc. (6/15/2005) Regional settings are OK Help please!
macropod

Hi Mark,

You can solve this by adding a date switch to your MERGEFIELD. If you select
the field and press Shift-F9, you'll see something like:
{MERGEFIELD AccessDate}
If you add:
\@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy" to this so that you have:
{MERGEFIELD AccessDate \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy"}
and press F9, your dates will output like 'Monday, 1 January 2001'. Other
date switch formats you might like to experiment with include:
\@ "d MMMM yyyy"
\@ "d-MMM-yyyy"
\@ "dd/MM/yyyy"
\@ "d/MM/yy"
and so on.

Cheers

"mark P" mark wrote in message
Date appears OK in Access table ( 15 Jun 2005)but appears incorrectly in

word
doc. (6/15/2005) Regional settings are OK Help please!