Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default alphabetizing non-table lists

In Word 2007 [Vista] I have a 125-page document that consists of about a
thousand 4 or 5-line paragraph-entries. 5-10% of the entries are duplicates,
and show up in irregular order throughout the document. I dont want to use
small phrases in the €˜find box to root-out the duplicates, as this process
would take me many hours of labor.

Other than using the €˜find box, is there a way that would quickly let me
identify the duplicates and thus remove them?

Thanks.

Mal.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The text does not have to be in a table to use the Sort function. Using
that would put all the duplicates together. You can probably then use a
Wildcard Replace to remove the duplicates. If it is necessary to maintain
the original order, it may be better to convert the text to a table, then
add another column to the table into which you insert a series of numbers,
either by running a macro, copying the table to Excel and use it to create
the column of numbers then copy it back to Word or there are other ways to
do it.

For the Wildcard bit, see Example 4 of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.