Easy

Default How do I flip text for iron-on transfers?

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I flip text for iron-on transfers?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to flip text for iron-on transfers in Microsoft Word 2003:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word 2003.
  2. Type the text that you want to flip for the iron-on transfer.
  3. Select the text by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  4. Click on the "Format" menu at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on "Text Direction" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Text Direction" dialog box, select the "Vertical" option.
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Your text should now be flipped vertically. You can print it onto the iron-on transfer sheet and then transfer it onto your T-shirt according to the instructions on the transfer sheet.

That's it! I hope this helps you with your iron-on transfer project.
__________________
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm

Easy wrote:
I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an
iron-on transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

garfield-n-odie

Some printers have a "mirror" or "t-shirt transfer" printing option
built into their printer driver... in Word, try clicking on File | Print
| Properties, and see if that option exists for your printer.

If your printer does not have the ability to print a mirror image...
If you're trying to mirror text, see http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm .
If you're trying to mirror an image (like a photo or a drawing), format
the image as "float over text" (Word 97) or with a text wrapping style
other than "inline with text" (Word 2000-2003), and then flip the image
using the commands from the Drawing toolbar.

Easy wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

happy

Where do you go in word 2003, to do so?
I read in Office Online , to turn the text into a picture first, then flip,
Makes no sense to me. How do you turn text into a picture, Or Is it easier in
word 2003?
Thank you , Myra.

"Easy" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Nicla_jayne

On HP Series printer there is mirror Image and it should be on any printer as
its a setting that is so common.

Easy wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Jezebel

On HP Series printer there is mirror Image and it should be on any printer
as
its a setting that is so common.

"any printer" ?! Hardly. Most recent ones perhaps, but still only a
small percentage of all the printers in use. Not on my HP, for example.

garfield-n-odie

Maybe that setting is available on *your* HP printer, but not all HP
printers have this option, and certainly not all printers from all
manufacturers have this option.

Easy wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grandma k grandma k is offline

"Easy" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most Ink-Jet Printers have that capability via the Properties button in the
File Print dialog. It is not something that is readily done in Word itself.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"grandma k" grandma wrote in message

"Easy" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an
iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

grandma k wrote:
"Easy" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an
iron-on transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Heather is offline

Easy wrote:
I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an
iron-on transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chaucersmom chaucersmom is offline

"Easy" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003. I want to flip text to print on an iron-on
transfer sheet which will be transfered to a T-shirt.

Even though this is an old post, I will respond because after much work, I
discovered how to do this on Word 2007. If you write the text in "Word Art",
you will see Word Art Tools toolbar. Under "Arrange" select "Rotate" and
select "Flip Horizontally."

You can now make a T-shirt transfer with text!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Most printers have a setting that will print it backward for you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]