Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Londo Londo is offline

Default I cannot find/see the "Format" tab

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm

Londo wrote:
I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What version of Word are you using - If 2007 there *is* no Format Tab. Most
of your formatting options are on the Home Tab.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 1:02 AM, in article
, "Londo"
wrote:

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Londo Londo is offline

I see the Home tab. I still do not see anything that says "Format". But here
is what I need to do: When I search for help, I see that the "Styles" (which
is on the "Home" tab") is shown as "Shapes" on the graphic in Help. I need to
change the "Styles" to "Shape".
Thanks

wrote:

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Are you trying to format a Shape? If so, you need to select the shape first
and then the contextual Drawing Tools will appear and you should see the
Format tab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Londo" wrote in message
I see the Home tab. I still do not see anything that says "Format". But
here
is what I need to do: When I search for help, I see that the "Styles"
(which
is on the "Home" tab") is shown as "Shapes" on the graphic in Help. I need
change the "Styles" to "Shape".
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The features you're looking for are contextual - they only appear when they
are needed. In this case you need to (a) have a shape to apply the
formatting to and (b) select the shape. Once you have a shape selected the
Drawing Tools & Format tabs will "magically" appear. When you deselect the
shape the tabs will go a way until you select a shape again.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 12:07 PM, in article
, "Londo"

wrote:

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Perhaps you are referring to the tab "Format" that will appear if you are
working with a shape.

First insert a shape in your document.

InsertIllustrationsShapes.

Once the shape is inserted the Format Tab will appear.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: