Barattolo_67

Default Toolbar from other software

I have a dictionary software that, when installed in my old PC (word 2000,
windows 2000), would create a customized toolbar in word. I have re-installed
the same software in my new PC (windows XP home edition, Word 2003), but that
toolbar does not appear no more in Word.
Any ideas on how to locate it, and where to manually copy it so that it
would appear?

Thank you.
Jezebel

It may be that the software isn't compatible with later versions of Word ...
this is known to be the case with apps like the Oxford compendium. It's part
of Micosoft's continuing program of fleecing other developers and screwing
the customer along the way.

"Barattolo_67" wrote in message
I have a dictionary software that, when installed in my old PC (word 2000,
windows 2000), would create a customized toolbar in word. I have
re-installed
the same software in my new PC (windows XP home edition, Word 2003), but
that
toolbar does not appear no more in Word.
Any ideas on how to locate it, and where to manually copy it so that it
would appear?

Thank you.

Jim Palik

When you install the software software does it create a .dot file. If so, you
can probably copy this file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP and it will then be included when you open Word.

If ths does not work, contact the manufacturer of the software.

Jim
--
Never at a loss for Word