Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Haryadoon Haryadoon is offline

Default Word 2007: Underline space between para number and text

In Word 2007, I'm using outline numbering, from the default, basic template.
For heading 1, I want to underline the whole paragraph, including the number
and the space between the number and the text. I can underline the text
easily. I can underline the number (not so easy, but I worked it out). I
cannot work out how to underline the space before the text. I've tried
setting a tab with the underline leader (leader option 4), but that doesn't
work, and leader 4 is not a true text underline anyway.

Help !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Go to Office button Word options advanced compatibility options for
section layout options. Put a check in the box for underline tab character
in numbered list.

PamC