Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Resizing a group of pictures Resizing a group of pictures is offline

Default resize a group of pictures in one go

How do I resize a selection of pictures in one go. I have tried the select
all option but then under the Format button the Picture option does not
display when I select all pictures.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Resizing a group of pictures wrote:
How do I resize a selection of pictures in one go. I have tried the
select all option but then under the Format button the Picture option
does not display when I select all pictures.

Word doesn't have any tool like that.

The simplest way is to create a table with the column width fixed at the
size you want (set the width by dragging, then Table AutoFit Fixed
Column Width). Put the pictures into the cells, and they'll be forced to
fit. You can turn off the table's borders so they don't print.

If that doesn't suit your needs, the other way is to write a macro to apply
the same size settings to each picture in turn.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hello Resizing ... (?) and Jay,

Maybe I'm missing something (not for the first time) but ...

I'm using Word 2003 and I can re-size a selection of pictures (clip art, at
least)provided (I think) none of them is formatted as in line with text.

To select them you can either use CTRL-click or the selection tool on the
drawing toolbar.

Once they're selected you can re-size them by dragging the sizing handles:
this seems to re-size them proportionately. Or you can specify an exact size
in the format picture dialog (on the right-click menu): this seems to set
them both to the size you specify.

Cheers.

Ed

"Resizing a group of pictures" wrote:

How do I resize a selection of pictures in one go. I have tried the select
all option but then under the Format button the Picture option does not
display when I select all pictures.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thanks, Ed, I stand corrected.

The pictures do have to be floating (not in line), and you can't
select them with Select All (Ctrl+A).

If you want them all sized the same _and_ in line with text, you can
set them to Square wrapping, select them and resize them al, and
finally convert them back to in-line.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman