Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default How do I keep a long footnote on one page?

I have a long footnote that is spanning to the next page. I want the entire
footnote on one page but can't find any option to allow that to happen. Can
someone point me in the right direction? Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Select the footnote text and format it as "Keep lines together" (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...nDiffPage.htm). Note that this
will make the footnote reference and any following text jump to the next
page, ending the previous page short.