Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ronald_L Ronald_L is offline

Default Duplication Error

I have two applications that merge data into Word 2003. Each application when
it merges, the fields in my word documents are duplicated several times for
each field. What could be the issue. I have reinstalled Word, both
applications, renamed the normal.dot file to not avail. Any help would be
appreciated.

Ronald
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

the fields in my word documents are duplicated several times for
each field.

Can you describe what this looks like? For example if you have

abc{ MERGEFIELD field1 }def{ MERGEFIELD field2}

does the out put have

abcfield1valuefield1valuedeffield2valuefiel d2value

or

abcfield1valuedeffield2value
abcfield1valuedeffield2value

or what?

Is change tracking switched on? Could it be to do with that?

Peter Jamieson

"Ronald_L" wrote in message
I have two applications that merge data into Word 2003. Each application
when
it merges, the fields in my word documents are duplicated several times
for
each field. What could be the issue. I have reinstalled Word, both
applications, renamed the normal.dot file to not avail. Any help would be
appreciated.

Ronald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, I don't know what the problem is, but is your application automating
Word? If so,
a. what happens when you do the same merge manually?
b. what code is being used to automate Word?

Peter Jamieson

"Ronald_L" wrote in message
I have two applications that merge data into Word 2003. Each application
when
it merges, the fields in my word documents are duplicated several times
for
each field. What could be the issue. I have reinstalled Word, both
applications, renamed the normal.dot file to not avail. Any help would
be
appreciated.

Ronald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ronald_L Ronald_L is offline

I don't know how each application is calling Word to merge the documents. All
I know is that Word is being called by each one and then the duplication
happens. Reinstalling Word and the applications did not help on this machine.
All my other machines are fine.

"Ronald_L" wrote in message
I have two applications that merge data into Word 2003. Each application
when
it merges, the fields in my word documents are duplicated several times
for
each field. What could be the issue. I have reinstalled Word, both
applications, renamed the normal.dot file to not avail. Any help would
be
appreciated.

Ronald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In that case I can only suggest:
a. ensure that the settings in Word Tools|Settings|Edit are the same on the
machine that does not work as they are on a machine that does. (I do not
think this will make any difference but it's all I can think of). I would
also check that you have the same templates and addins in Tools|Templates
and Add-ins.
b. since you have just re-installed everything, use the registry editor to
delete Word's "data key" in the registry - see the following article for
information about that:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

(look at the section called "Deleting and recreating the corrupt registry
values")

Peter Jamieson