TJ

Default Creating Header on all pages

I have a five page form document that the staff uses. One the first page is
the Case Name: & Case Number: and fill in text boxes and checkboxes. I have
referenced these items on the next pages so the name and number show up on
all pages. The problem is: When they type in additonal information in the
spaces provided, the information moves down to the next pages. This throws
off the Case Name & Number on all pages. I need to know how to have the staff
be albe to have the Case Name and Number for the client show up on all
pages(without showing them how to unprotect the document). I wish there was a
way to reference these test boxes using the header footer. Any help would be
appreciated.
Charles Kenyon

Formfields do not work in headers. You can reference them in your
continuation page header using a StyleRef field. To do this, create a
separate Character Style for each of the fields you want to reference. (This
style need not change formatting in any way, it is used instead of a
bookmark.) Then format the fields using the appropriate styles. Create your
StyleRef fields in your continuation page header.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"TJ" wrote in message
I have a five page form document that the staff uses. One the first page is
the Case Name: & Case Number: and fill in text boxes and checkboxes. I
have
referenced these items on the next pages so the name and number show up on
all pages. The problem is: When they type in additonal information in the
spaces provided, the information moves down to the next pages. This throws
off the Case Name & Number on all pages. I need to know how to have the
staff
be albe to have the Case Name and Number for the client show up on all
pages(without showing them how to unprotect the document). I wish there
was a
way to reference these test boxes using the header footer. Any help would
be
appreciated.

Doug Robbins

In the header insert cross references to the text of the bookmark assigned
to the formfields and in the properties dialog for te formfield, check the
Calculate on exit box so that the fields in the document are updated with
the data entered into the formfield when the user exits from it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"TJ" wrote in message
I have a five page form document that the staff uses. One the first page is
the Case Name: & Case Number: and fill in text boxes and checkboxes. I
have
referenced these items on the next pages so the name and number show up on
all pages. The problem is: When they type in additonal information in the
spaces provided, the information moves down to the next pages. This throws
off the Case Name & Number on all pages. I need to know how to have the
staff
be albe to have the Case Name and Number for the client show up on all
pages(without showing them how to unprotect the document). I wish there
was a
way to reference these test boxes using the header footer. Any help would
be
appreciated.

Have you tried Word's Help? See the topic "Field codes: StyleRef field."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But REF fields in the header/footer of a protected document will not

update.
StyleRef fields are the way to go.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.