Sam

Default How to "insert a new page" in Word?

Hello,

I have a text box on page 2 of my document. Right now, the document has
only two pages. When I press "enter", nothing happens, I don't see a third
page being created.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks!
Margaret Aldis

Check the layout for the text box (Format Text Box) - you probably have
the text box in front or behind the text, when you want text wrapping?

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a text box on page 2 of my document. Right now, the document has
only two pages. When I press "enter", nothing happens, I don't see a
third
page being created.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

Daiya Mitchell

Are you sure you are at the bottom of the page?

Are you pressing enter within the text box? A text box cannot be more than 1
page.

Why are you trying to insert a new page anyhow? Just keep typing and let
Word take care of the pagination. If you need something to start at the top
of a page, use Format | Paragraph to format it with "page break before."

On 7/28/05 11:38 AM, "Sam" wrote:

Hello,

I have a text box on page 2 of my document. Right now, the document has
only two pages. When I press "enter", nothing happens, I don't see a third
page being created.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CMO CMO is offline

Hi Cyber Taz,
This does not work for me as Break is diable under my Insert menu, and
Control/Enter does not give me a new page. You also cannot insert a page
break within a text box, so that is ruled out.
How do i insert the next page to start a new typing or a new text box for
more information?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Also, Sam, if you haven't 'filled' page 2, but you want to start a 3rd page
you can create a page break with Ctrl+Enter or use the InsertBreakPage
Break menu command.

HTH |:)

"Sam" wrote:

Hello,

I have a text box on page 2 of my document. Right now, the document has
only two pages. When I press "enter", nothing happens, I don't see a third
page being created.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

snip
This does not work for me

Nor was it intended to... how far back in time did you go to dig up this
reply to a post on a completely different matter?

I have posted a reply to your other post on the subject.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why are you using text boxes? Type on the page itself. Objects (like text
boxes) cannot span pages.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I keep two words together? LAD Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 05 12:25 AM
How do you insert the word page with the page number in word? Greg Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 05 03:29 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 08:19 PM