Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

Default Link to open new document from template

Hello,

In PowerPoint I can make a macro that creates a new document based on
a certain template. Then I can select some text, right click it,
select Actions and select to run the macro. That way, any reader can
click the text and open the new document.

I have used the same macro in Word but how can I make the text link
clickable? I can make it work by using a MacroButton field but that
requires a doubleclick from the user and its not obvious that it is a
link (unless you put in the text "Doubleclick here" or something like
that).

Is there any other way to acomplish this?

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Fredrik

You can change the double-click behaviour to single-click by using
Options.ButtonFieldClicks = 1

People generally use Macrobuttons with text like { Macrobutton NameOfMyMacro
Click here to open the xxx file }.

You could always format the link blue and underlined, and people may assume
it's a link to click.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Fredrik E. Nilsen" wrote in message
Hello,

In PowerPoint I can make a macro that creates a new document based on
a certain template. Then I can select some text, right click it,
select Actions and select to run the macro. That way, any reader can
click the text and open the new document.

I have used the same macro in Word but how can I make the text link
clickable? I can make it work by using a MacroButton field but that
requires a doubleclick from the user and its not obvious that it is a
link (unless you put in the text "Doubleclick here" or something like
that).

Is there any other way to acomplish this?

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fredrik E. Nilsen Fredrik E. Nilsen is offline

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 19:47:14 +1000, "Shauna Kelly"
wrote:

Hi Fredrik

You can change the double-click behaviour to single-click by using
Options.ButtonFieldClicks = 1

People generally use Macrobuttons with text like { Macrobutton NameOfMyMacro
Click here to open the xxx file }.

You could always format the link blue and underlined, and people may assume
it's a link to click.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Thanks for your reply. Any idea why such a thing is so difficult (so
many steps at least) in Word when its so simple in PP?

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen