Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Telesphore Telesphore is offline

Default Printing long documents

I must work on documents of 250 pages. But when I make a page-setting before
the impression after having updated the table of contents, I realize that
subtitles are moved on the last line of a page or white spaces occupy most
of certain pages. This seems due to the repagination and spell checking. If
I make new changes, it starts again!

Is there a way to stop that cat and mouse game with Word?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hi Telesphore

Telesphore wrote:
I must work on documents of 250 pages. But when I make a page-setting before
the impression after having updated the table of contents, I realize that
subtitles are moved on the last line of a page or white spaces occupy most
of certain pages. This seems due to the repagination and spell checking. If
I make new changes, it starts again!

Word is often "paginating" any document. But the page breaks should not
change if you don't change something on them (directly, or, say, by
changing a style). At least not unless you change the current printer in
Word.

If something moves after a field update, then maybe you have typed
directly into your table of contents? Or some REF fields updating are
acquiring unwanted page breaks? Try to get hold of one such change, then
we can investigate it further.

HTH
Robert
--