Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bill Luisi Bill Luisi is offline

Default How can I graph data from a MSWORD datatable?

I would like to populate data into a MSWORD datatable and represent that data
in a graph. Updating the data in the table should change the graphic
represnetation.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Insert Object Microsoft Chart.
Or make the graph in Excel and import it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bill Luisi" Bill wrote in message
news
I would like to populate data into a MSWORD datatable and represent that
data
in a graph. Updating the data in the table should change the graphic
represnetation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bill Luisi Bill Luisi is offline

Thank you for your reply Jay...
I am still at odds however. What I need to do is actually graph the data
that is in the word table. This is a 'mail merge' document that in my
example, gets it's values for the data table via 'mergefields'. The
'mergefields' only seem to populate the word datatable they do not merge into
either the word chart table or the excel chart sheet.

Any other ideas?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Insert Object Microsoft Chart.
Or make the graph in Excel and import it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bill Luisi" Bill wrote in message
news
I would like to populate data into a MSWORD datatable and represent that
data
in a graph. Updating the data in the table should change the graphic
represnetation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hi Bill,

Sorry, if you had even mentioned mail merge in your original post, I
would have said I don't know how to connect those two features.
(Actually, I just wouldn't have answered, since I have nothing to
contribute.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Insert Object Microsoft Chart.
Or make the graph in Excel and import it into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bill Luisi" Bill wrote in message
news
I would like to populate data into a MSWORD datatable and represent that
data
in a graph. Updating the data in the table should change the graphic
represnetation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Bill

Bill Luisi wrote:
Thank you for your reply Jay...
I am still at odds however. What I need to do is actually graph the data
that is in the word table. This is a 'mail merge' document that in my
example, gets it's values for the data table via 'mergefields'. The
'mergefields' only seem to populate the word datatable they do not merge into
either the word chart table or the excel chart sheet.

Probably, an Access report will be a better approach to this task.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS