Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alias

Default Protect Document With Page Break

Hello,

I'm using Word 2003 and I need to protect one table that has form elements
and allow a second table to be used to input other details.

Table 1 is at the top of the page and has form elements for: Title, Name,
Date, Time along with matching labels.

Table 2 is used for typing in the report details.

I need to make entries in both tables but not allow Table 1's labels to be
changed. I think this can be done using a page break but I forgot how to make
this all work in Word 2003.

Can someone assist me with this? Thanks in advance!

-A
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You'll need to insert a section break (Continuous) and protect the first
section for forms. You'll need to have actual form fields to allow users to
input data. Note that protecting any part of a document for forms imposes
some limitations on the entire document (even unprotected sections).

"Alias" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm using Word 2003 and I need to protect one table that has form elements
and allow a second table to be used to input other details.

Table 1 is at the top of the page and has form elements for: Title, Name,
Date, Time along with matching labels.

Table 2 is used for typing in the report details.

I need to make entries in both tables but not allow Table 1's labels to be
changed. I think this can be done using a page break but I forgot how to

make
this all work in Word 2003.

Can someone assist me with this? Thanks in advance!

-A

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alias

Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply. It was the "Select sections" part that I was missing
after I did the actual continous section break. In fact, I never even
noticed the "Select sections" link below the drop-down menu for "Editing
restrictions". In the post just above this one Luc pointed out the oversight
for me.

Thanks again for your reply.

-A