Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alice-in-Wondering-Land Alice-in-Wondering-Land is offline

Default How do I create a text table in word which overlaps a vertical col

I'm currently struggling to do the above thing!

Basically, I have created a column in the left hand of the word document
which goes from top to bottom of page is about 2 inches wide. I want to now
overlap it with a text box which should overlap it by a centimeter and shall
fall relatively in the top center of the page. The size of this box is about
3X2inches.
The problem is that Word won't allow me to just overlap it, it pastes the
text box inside the column, and resizes it too!

Can anyone help?