citro

Default any hack to create an underline several points below text

I'm creating in Word a heading style that has an underline well below the
text. I can't use borders because that underlines to the end of the
paragraph. My hack is to use a style in the next paragraph that has a white
font and a black undeline. I then duplicate the heading text and apply this
style which gives an underline of the right length. Does anyone have anything
less cumbersome?
Klaus Linke

Hi Citro,

You could put the headings in a one-cell table set to "AutoFit to =
content".
Maybe a table style would be easier to use than choosing the proper =
settings each time (left and right cell padding =3D 0; cell or table =
border below...).

But Document Map and Outline view then won't pick up the headings.=20
So maybe your current solution is better?

Regards,
Klaus

"citro" wrote:
I'm creating in Word a heading style that has an underline well below =

the=20
text. I can't use borders because that underlines to the end of the=20
paragraph. My hack is to use a style in the next paragraph that has a =

white=20
font and a black undeline. I then duplicate the heading text and apply =

this=20
style which gives an underline of the right length. Does anyone have =

anything=20
less cumbersome?

Charles Kenyon

Would a frame work?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"citro" wrote in message
I'm creating in Word a heading style that has an underline well below the
text. I can't use borders because that underlines to the end of the
paragraph. My hack is to use a style in the next paragraph that has a
white
font and a black undeline. I then duplicate the heading text and apply
this
style which gives an underline of the right length. Does anyone have
anything
less cumbersome?

Klaus Linke

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that??

Klaus

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:
Would a frame work?
--=20
Charles Kenyon
=20
=20
=20
"citro" wrote in message=20
I'm creating in Word a heading style that has an underline well below =

the
text. I can't use borders because that underlines to the end of the
paragraph. My hack is to use a style in the next paragraph that has a =

white
font and a black undeline. I then duplicate the heading text and =

apply=20
this
style which gives an underline of the right length. Does anyone have=20
anything
less cumbersome?=20

=20

You might try an { EQ \x \bo } field to put a border under the selected
text. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm for the general
idea.

Another technique I've used with headings is to apply a bottom border and
drag the indents for each individual heading paragraph to just the edges of
the text.