Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Default I lost a paragraph. How can I find it?

Hey, good catch! Thanks!

Twayne`

n ,
Suzanne S. Barnhill typed:
Actually, only closing is disastrous. Word doesn't clear
the Undo stack when you save (though some other
applications do).

"Twayne" wrote in message
In ,
Flash typed:
I was typing a speech I am to give in two weeks and it was
single spaced. I decided for editing purposes that I
wanted it double spaced. I went to the help section in my
Word 2003 edition and it told me to select one paragraph
at a time, which I did. I then fumbled around with the
instructions but finally came across a box and an icon
that had the double space I was looking for. I selected
the icon and when I returned to the document, the
paragraph I selected had disappeared, but the rest of my
speech was, in fact, double spaced. How do I
retrieve/find my selected original paragraph?
(Unfortunately, I didn't keep a copy before I started
exploring).

If you haven't closed the document yet, or saved it since
the para disappeared, try doing CTRL-A, CTRL-C to copy it
to the clipboard in case something else screws up, and try
pressing CTRL-Z one or more times. It should take you back
to single spacing and put the para back. If you have
closed or saved the document since the para disappeared
though, the preceding won't work. Other than that, I guess
it's a lesson in saving often and
why. Keep CTRL-Z in mind, though. Or the Undo button on
the menu bar; same thing. HTH,

Twayne`