Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SRS SRS is offline

Default Watermark in Word 2003 and 2000

Greetings:

I think I'm out of luck, but thought I'd try asking anyway.

I made a document on my work computer in Word/Office 2003 that contains a
watermark for a background. However, when I open up a copy of this document
on my home computer (which has Word/Office 2000) the watermark is way off
center and can't be adjusted.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word 2000 has no interface for adding a watermark, but a watermark is really
just an object anchored to the header paragraph. You can double-click the
header to activate its contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SRS" wrote in message
Greetings:

I think I'm out of luck, but thought I'd try asking anyway.

I made a document on my work computer in Word/Office 2003 that contains a
watermark for a background. However, when I open up a copy of this
document
on my home computer (which has Word/Office 2000) the watermark is way off
center and can't be adjusted.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

This article should provide the details you need...

Automate Word Watermarks
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=207

(Don't let the word AUTOMATE throw you off...the article just shows
you how to add them a bit faster than from scratch each time.)

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting