Dan

Default Find and Replace not working

I have a user with a 20 page document and they are trying to use find and
replace to change a date(September 12 to September 21), which appears
throughout the document about 13 times. Find and replace does the job on
about 10 of those dates and misses the last 3. There are page breaks and
section breaks but I don't think this makes a difference. This is happening
on multiple documents. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ann Scharpf

I have often found date problems like this result from the typist's using the
lowercase "L" character instead of a numeric "1." Try the replace using a
lowercase "L" in place of the "1" in the search string.

"Dan" wrote:

I have a user with a 20 page document and they are trying to use find and
replace to change a date(September 12 to September 21), which appears
throughout the document about 13 times. Find and replace does the job on
about 10 of those dates and misses the last 3. There are page breaks and
section breaks but I don't think this makes a difference. This is happening
on multiple documents. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

Makes perfect sense and I checked the document again but that wasn't the
case. The document does have both page and section breaks and it seems that
find and replace won't pick it up after the section break. Is there maybe a
setting for this somewhere?

"Dan" wrote:

I have a user with a 20 page document and they are trying to use find and
replace to change a date(September 12 to September 21), which appears
throughout the document about 13 times. Find and replace does the job on
about 10 of those dates and misses the last 3. There are page breaks and
section breaks but I don't think this makes a difference. This is happening
on multiple documents. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Find and Replace GREEK symbols in XP, 2K & 97 Jazz Microsoft Word Help 3 April 8th 05 08:13 PM
Problem with function "Find and Replace" in Word. Pat Microsoft Word Help 3 March 16th 05 01:04 PM
Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 02:22 AM