Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike

Default Improving label printing in Word 2002?

A number of people where I work are still using WordPerfect because they
prefer the way it deals with labels (eg, the ability to specify where to
print from). Is there a way to do this in Word, or an add-in that will
provide improved functionality? Thanks!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If labels are mail merged to a new document in Word, the paper source (but
not the printer) can be specified. If the active printer in Word is changed
before the Labels dialog is opened, the labels will be printed to that
printer.

"Mike" wrote in message
A number of people where I work are still using WordPerfect because they
prefer the way it deals with labels (eg, the ability to specify where to
print from). Is there a way to do this in Word, or an add-in that will
provide improved functionality? Thanks!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike

The problem is not with the specified printer, but that there is no direct
way to specify which label to print from (eg, row 3, col 2). I have two
thoughts on doing this; one would be to recreate the way WP does labels -
each label being a separate page or to right an add-in that would provide
the option of specifying which row & column a table could be printed from.
I have yet to see something that offers either feature but will continue
looking.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If labels are mail merged to a new document in Word, the paper source (but
not the printer) can be specified. If the active printer in Word is
changed
before the Labels dialog is opened, the labels will be printed to that
printer.

so
all may benefit.

"Mike" wrote in message
A number of people where I work are still using WordPerfect because they
prefer the way it deals with labels (eg, the ability to specify where to
print from). Is there a way to do this in Word, or an add-in that will
provide improved functionality? Thanks!

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you click the New Document button, you can type the label text in any
label you like.

"Mike" wrote in message
The problem is not with the specified printer, but that there is no direct
way to specify which label to print from (eg, row 3, col 2). I have two
thoughts on doing this; one would be to recreate the way WP does labels -
each label being a separate page or to right an add-in that would provide
the option of specifying which row & column a table could be printed from.
I have yet to see something that offers either feature but will continue
looking.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If labels are mail merged to a new document in Word, the paper source

(but
not the printer) can be specified. If the active printer in Word is
changed
before the Labels dialog is opened, the labels will be printed to that
printer.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.