Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lost in the office

Default Im so lost

I am trying to make a document to where certain areas of it need different
information, I don't wanna do a merge..... I was wondering if there was a way
to highlight the areas I want to change in the document, and tab to those
areas everytime I wanna change them???? Does that make sence?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What you are describing sounds like a proteted form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"lost in the office" lost in the wrote in
message ...
I am trying to make a document to where certain areas of it need different
information, I don't wanna do a merge..... I was wondering if there was a

way
to highlight the areas I want to change in the document, and tab to those
areas everytime I wanna change them???? Does that make sence?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lost in the office

Hi Suzanne, that is kinda what Iam looking for, I work in an accounting firm,
and the accountant wanted me to figure out an easy was to write a letter to
our clients, that mostly says the same thing, but she wanted certain words in
each letter changed, so she wanted me to see if there were a way to make
certain areas easy to change, instead of looking for the words that need to
be changed and deleting them, and then retyping, she wanted more or less the
form type, but in a letter..???? I don't know, it is sort of confusing

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you are describing sounds like a proteted form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"lost in the office" lost in the wrote in
message ...
I am trying to make a document to where certain areas of it need different
information, I don't wanna do a merge..... I was wondering if there was a

way
to highlight the areas I want to change in the document, and tab to those
areas everytime I wanna change them???? Does that make sence?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you read the suggested articles? Note that if there are several
alternatives for wording, you can use a dropdown form field. OTOH, if this
is a letter to go out to a lot of clients at the same time with variable
content, then perhaps what you need is a mail merge; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

"lost in the office" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you are describing sounds like a proteted form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and

especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.