Word 2016 PRINTDATE not updating

Old July 16th 18, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
julied

Default Word 2016 PRINTDATE not updating

Word 2016 - Office 365
PRINTDATE inserted into footer of Word Template not updating when printed.

Field code says { PRINTDATE \@ "M/d/yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT }

File | Options | Display | Update fields before printing is checked.

I have a number of these templates which are all behaving the same way. Need to get this field to update automatically when the document is printed.

Advice please.

Thanks
Julie

Old July 16th 18, 03:56 AM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by julied View Post
***
Field code says { PRINTDATE \@ "M/d/yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT }
File | Options | Display | Update fields before printing is checked.

I have a number of these templates which are all behaving the same way. Need to get this field to update automatically when the document is printed.

***

Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie,

First, you can eliminate the "\* MERGEFORMAT."

Second, when updated, this field tells when the document was last printed. That will never be when it is printed after you update the field, which is what you are doing.

You may want, instead to use the SAVEDATE field and save the document before printing, or simply use the DATE field which will give the current date at the time of printing.

http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm

Last edited by Charles K. Kenyon : July 16th 18 at 03:59 AM.
Old July 16th 18, 09:50 PM
Jasonaldean Jasonaldean is offline

Originally Posted by Charles K. Kenyon View Post
Hi Julie,

First, you can eliminate the "\* MERGEFORMAT."

Second, when updated, this field tells when the document was last printed. That will never be when it is printed after you update the field, which is what you are doing.

You may want, instead to use the SAVEDATE field and save the document before printing, or simply use the DATE field which will give the current date at the time of printing.

http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm
Thanks for this answer.
Old July 27th 18, 12:09 AM
shaneross77 shaneross77 is offline

The application is not working on my system, it is also creating some internal errors, I can detect the issue until I visited https://uaedatarecovery.com/hard-dri...very-in-dubai/ which made me deal with the issue. The internal issue related to this software was solved. The application started working successfully.