Formatting issues (numbering and other issues) in big document. Possibly corrupted. C

Old July 25th 18, 03:42 PM
Ida24 Ida24 is offline

Default Formatting issues (numbering and other issues) in big document. Possibly corrupted. C

Hello everyone,

Im completing a draft of my master thesis and Ive run into big problems (at least for me) with the formatting of the document.

Ive tried Googling it for the better half of the day, but no luck on my end, so I sincerely hope someone here can be of assistance.

I suspect something might have happened a week ago when I found myself unable to save the document and the save screen were simply looping all over again. I went to a computer store where they helped me by saving it as PDF and then converting it back to a docx document. It seemed okay for the time being, but as I move on to numbering and other formatting, things are just messed up now.

Current issues summarized:

1. Numbering of pages is inconsistent. Its correct on some pages, but missing on others. Ive tried removing the numbering and renumbering, but not able to do so...

2. Page break is messed up on some pages. The text continues all the way down to the bottom of the page...

3. In some parts of the document Im getting a large blank space where I obviously want text. But I cant move the text up for some reason.

Thats basically it, I think. I tried Open & Repair also and resaving it in other formats, but no luck. My non computer brain is having a shutdown at the moment, so I would be so happy if someone could give me any pointers on this.

Thanks so much in advance!

Im attaching the document and also some screenshots to highlight the particular issues.

PS: Im using a Mac and Office 2016 for Mac.

Sincerely,

Ida
Attached Images

Old July 25th 18, 03:46 PM
Ida24 Ida24 is offline

For some reason I was not able to attach the actual Word file (docx) and it stated it was an invalid file.

I'm not expecting anyone to put in all this effort to help me, but in case, it can be found here through WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/mAy0K34SGN
Old July 25th 18, 10:15 PM
Jasonaldean Jasonaldean is offline

Thanks for this post.
Old July 26th 18, 06:21 PM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by Ida24 View Post

People have already put a lot of time into helping you with this in your cross-post. http://www.msofficeforums.com/word/3...-document.html

For cross-posting etiquette, please read: http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
Old July 27th 18, 09:13 AM
kaylee88 kaylee88 is offline

Nice post,i like your article,great way of explanation.Looking for more articles like this, Also check my website color switch , zombs royale Thank you!