Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lorna Lorna is offline

Default Header/Watermark protection

Is there a way to protect a section of a document like watermarks or headers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are using Word 2003 or Word 2007, you do this to prevent people from
editing the headers (and footers): In the Restrict Formatting and Editing
pane (Protect Document pane in Word 2003), click the check mark under
"Editing restrictions." Then choose the "No changes (Read only)" option.
Select the main body of the document and set it as an exception, by clicking
the appropriate user names under "Exceptions (optional)"; in this case you
would want to set an exception for "Everyone."

If you are using an older version of Word, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...rd97Header.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lorna" wrote in message
Is there a way to protect a section of a document like watermarks or
headers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonya Nash Sonya Nash is offline

How do I protect sections of the document with exceptions for others AND the
Page Layout? I have sections I don't want edited but I want them to be able
to edit th Page Layout.

"lorna" wrote in message
Is there a way to protect a section of a document like watermarks or
headers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonya Nash[_2_] Sonya Nash[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the feedback, but we are trying to protect field references that
are embedded in the body of a paragraph. I tried adding a section prior to
the paragraph, but that didn't help.

Example: This is a TEST sentence.

We are trying to protect the word TEST above, but allow the rest of the
sentence to be modified. We are able to do all that but by applying the
protection to any part of the document we can no longer modify the page
layout.

Any other ideas?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You should be able to do this if you insert section breaks before and after
the portion of text that should be editable.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lorna" wrote in message
Is there a way to protect a section of a document like watermarks or
headers?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Sorry, I think you have to ask in a programming newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general; the regular posters there can probably
help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP