Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lesley Fran Lesley Fran is offline

Default Office Word 2007

When I convert a 2007 Word document to a 2003 version and save the 2003
version to attach to e-mails, people are unable to read the attachment. It
has a .docx file name and they seem to think this is the problem. Can
anybody help me to save the file differently so that it will attach to an
e-mail that is then readable by the receipient.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you correctly used the Save As dialog to save the document in "Word
97-2003 (*.doc)" format, it will have the .doc extension and not .docx. Make
sure that phrase appears in the "Save as type" dropdown at the bottom of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman