Inserting older documents (+ TOC) into newer template?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 22nd 16, 07:54 PM
docx79 docx79 is offline

Default Inserting older documents (+ TOC) into newer template?

Hi All,

I'm new here and in a pinch so I'll get right to it. I've been working with Word for a while now but everyday I acquire new 'on the job' experience. Today I'm learning more about Word TOCs and inserting older document content into newer pre-formatted templates. Basically my client has rebranded and wants to update their Word documents. I have 3 docs with TOCs (one is 8 pgs, one is 15, one is 24) and I can already tell upon dipping my feet into the water that this is going to be a challenge. I've been googling for answers but I'm not coming up with much. Is there an easy (fast) way to import or insert the TOC and content into the newer templates? If anyone has done this before or knows how to, your help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully your assistance can happen quickly because the clock seems to be speeding up and its pushing a-ton-of-a deadline in my direction *sweat drops* :-/

p.s. the new templates already have pre-made TOCs in them...considering what I need to do, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Thanks,
docx79

Opening older version password protected documents with Word zebjohnson Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 08 05:56 AM
Older Documents Kody1018 New Users 11 September 22nd 07 05:22 PM
Conversion of newer Word files to older versions of Word Vulture Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 06 05:53 AM
Adding a logo to a lable template in newer versions of Word renee2699 Tables 2 April 12th 06 04:10 PM
Template for OS9, OS X, Wind 98/2000/XP in older and newer Word ve lonetrotter New Users 1 October 6th 05 01:20 PM