Multiple entries in a list to refer to a single footnote?

Old February 19th 08, 09:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meehan Mydog

Default Multiple entries in a list to refer to a single footnote?

Hi,

I'm running Word 2007, and I want to show that several items I have in a
list within a table refer to _one single_ (global) footnote, but I
cannot seem to work out a way to do it; Word, quite logically, wants to
create a new footnote, with a different symbol, for each referenced item.

I just want to have an asterisk by several items in my list, to indicate
that each of these items refers to the single footnote.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance,
Robin
Cheshire, UK
Old February 19th 08, 09:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Insert the footnote once, and then insert cross-references to that footnote.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old February 19th 08, 09:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Insert a cross reference to the original footnote. You will then probably
have to format the reference as superscript.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old February 19th 08, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

No formatting required, if you choose to insert the reference to "Footnote
number (formatted)" in the Cross-reference dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old February 19th 08, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meehan Mydog

Thanks Stefan & Graham; I would never have managed to work it out on my
own...

Cheers,
Robin