Belgium

Default How to add item (category FORMAT) to the Menu bar to set the defa.

WORD 2003:Want to set a default font for new docs. Instructions say to click
on FORMAT on the menu bar and choose Fonts etc. My menu bar does not show
FORMAT. It has File, Edit, View, Insert, Tools, Table, Window,Help

Many users have reported losing commands from their menu bar. Try these
fixes (in order):

1. Open Tools | Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar and press
Reset.

2. If that doesn't work, switch to the Commands tab and select Built-in
Menus in the Categories list. In the Commands list, select the appropriate
menu and drag it to the menu bar.

3. If that doesn't work (or the problem recurs on restarting Word), see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm