Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PL PL is offline

Default Paragraph indent

Hi

I want all the first line of each paragraph, except for the 1st paragrah, to
have an indent, how do I so?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

1. Place your cursor at the beginning of your document.
2. Press Ctrl+H.
3. In the Search/Replace dialog box, in Find, type ^p, and in replace type
^p^t.
3. Click Replace All.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"PL" wrote:

Hi

I want all the first line of each paragraph, except for the 1st paragrah, to
have an indent, how do I so?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The details depend on your version of Word. In Word2007, display the
Styles panel (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S) and click the bottom left button ("New
Style"). Give your new style a name; in the Format button, choose
Paragraph, and set the Indentation Special dropdown to First Line (you
can change the amount of indentation at this point). OK your way out,
select the paragraphs that are to be indented, and apply the newly
created Style to them.

On Aug 5, 5:26 am, PL wrote:
Hi

I want all the first line of each paragraph, except for the 1st paragrah, to
have an indent, how do I so?

Thank you-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PL PL is offline

Thanks. But when I applied the new style to the paragraphs, all the lines in
each paragraph shift by the indent amount, and not just the first line. Why?

Thank you.

On Aug 5, 5:26 am, PL wrote:
Hi

I want all the first line of each paragraph, except for the 1st paragrah, to
have an indent, how do I so?

Thank you-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that you didn't press Enter to create a new "line" of text in
Word; that actually creates paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Aug 5, 5:26 am, PL wrote:
Hi

I want all the first line of each paragraph, except for the 1st
paragrah, to
have an indent, how do I so?

Thank you-

double indent paragraph Charlene Microsoft Word Help 6 April 19th 17 10:29 AM
Switch off paragraph indent Gordon[_2_] New Users 7 October 29th 08 04:57 PM
paragraph indent Scotti New Users 1 October 10th 06 03:01 PM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 September 14th 05 10:04 AM
Indent a paragraph Ellen Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 01:00 PM