Multiple notes to a single footnote

Old June 6th 07, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric

Default Multiple notes to a single footnote

I am creating a document where I need to asterist several items in my text
to the same footnote. In the text I mention Mary, Jane, Bill, Mike and want
to asterist Mary, Bill and Mike to a single footnote that might say "Honors
students". It seems as if Word wants to give each person his or her own
footnote. Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Eric
Old June 6th 07, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Instead of inserting a second footnote insert a cross reference to the first
one, then format the number as superscript.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 8th 07, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

I've made the same mistake. Guess who rescued me? g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP