Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alejandro

Default Page Header and Footer

Hi,

I need to create, via code (VBA) and for Word 2003, a table which has the
same size than the page size (8,5 x 11). I set all the margins to 0 as well
as the footer and header distance. When I add a table, Word breaks the table
and sends the bottom row to the next page. I found that Word reserves the top
and bottom quarter of an inch of the page for the header and footer,
therefore the top left corner of the table does not start in "position (0,0)"
in the page, it starts in position (x,0).
I tried to remove the header and footer but I couldn't find how to do it. Is
there a way to do this? Or, Is there a way to set the height to 0?
An alternative that I was thinking is to force the table (top left corner)
to start in "position (0,0)" of the page, thus overlapping the header.
However, when I do it manually, it still breaks the table because I cannot
overlap the footer and it still reserves the space for header and footer,
which take a half of an inch of the page.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

--
Thanks,

Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The header and footer margins can be set to 0", but that is not your only
issue. Word must have a plain text paragraph after a table at the end of a
document, and this will force an additional page. One workaround for this is
to format that paragraph as Hidden.

"Alejandro" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alejandro

Thanks for the quick response.
How can I set the footer and header height/margins to 0?

--
Thanks,

Alex

"Alejandro" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

These settings are on the Layout tab of Page Setup (don't know why they were
moved from margins except that some of the rest of the Layout tab pertains
to headers and footers).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The header and footer margins can be set to 0", but that is not your

only
issue. Word must have a plain text paragraph after a table at the end of

document, and this will force an additional page. One workaround for

this is
to format that paragraph as Hidden.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.