Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Default note lines in page view for ease of typing

I want to have note lines in page view for ease of typing. I thought it is
controlled in options/view but I couln't found there. Where is this option?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stuart

If you are using footnotes, either page view or footnotes on the opitons/view
should make them always available, I think. If you are using endnotes, these
options may not work. One option might be to create notes as footnotes and
convert them to endnotes later. You'll probably get more educated responses
from others.
---
Stuart

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I want to have note lines in page view for ease of typing. I thought it is
controlled in options/view but I couln't found there. Where is this option?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

I am talking about auxiliary lines in whole length of page and across whole
depth of page like a note book.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I want to have note lines in page view for ease of typing. I thought it is
controlled in options/view but I couln't found there. Where is this option?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Are you referring to footnotes (endnotes)? You can display them in a
separate pane, if you are using Normal view. First click Normal on the
View menu; this switches to Normal view. To display the
footnotes/endnotes pane, then click Footnotes on the View menu.

Also note that you can move between a note and the text containing the
note by double-clicking the reference number (this works in Normal as
well as in Print Layout view).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I want to have note lines in page view for ease of typing. I thought

it is
controlled in options/view but I couln't found there. Where is this

option?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can insert a single-column table in a text box, anchored to the
main header. Specify the desired row height, pick a bottom border, and
add as many rows as required. To duplicate the lines, just insert page
breaks (the table in the header will be repeated on each new page).

--

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I want to have note lines in page view for ease of typing. I

thought it is
controlled in options/view but I couln't found there. Where is

this option?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Dear Stefan
I was unable to express myself correctly.
Writing in a complete white page is difficult to aligne all words, so in a
notebook we have horizontal lines (usually bule color) which can help us to
aligne all words to a single horizontal line.
I do remember it is possible to show them in print view of word for ease of
typing. I am talking about these lines and want to bring them on the screen.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

This sounds like grid lines. To display them, click Draw on the
Drawing toolbar, and then click Grid. Choose "Display gridlines on
screen" and click OK.

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Yes, that is grid lines not notebook lines.
I was wrong. thanks
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Well, sometimes it is difficult to find the correct term, but we got
it right, in the end! :-)

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Wel, I am not a native English and this may lead to some misuse of words.
Anyway thanks. One more optional question. Is displaying gridlines have
effects on slowliness of word response or memory consumption of the computer?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Wel, I am not a native English and this may lead to some misuse of
words.

FWIW, I'm not a native speaker either, but even for those who are,
learning Word terminology could be tricky, I suspect.

Anyway thanks.

You are welcome.

One more optional question. Is displaying gridlines
have
effects on slowliness of word response or memory consumption of the
computer?

As far as I know, displaying gridlines should not slow down your
computer. Are you experiencing a problem with gridlines?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP