Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
T. Duprex T. Duprex is offline

Default Task Pane doesn't "stick"

I am using Word 2002 on a laptop running Windows XP pro.
When I call up an existing document or start a new, the Task Pane is not
present. I then go to View and go down to task pane and click which puts a
check mark in and I have a task pane present. I close the document, or do a
new; however the task pane is not there. I check View/task pane and it is
not checked.

This is not the case on my old Windows 98 box. Once I check task pane, it
is there all the time.

What might be happening? And how can I make the task pane stick in my XP
Laptop.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...owTaskPane.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"T. Duprex" wrote in message
I am using Word 2002 on a laptop running Windows XP pro.
When I call up an existing document or start a new, the Task Pane is

not
present. I then go to View and go down to task pane and click which

puts a
check mark in and I have a task pane present. I close the document,

or do a
new; however the task pane is not there. I check View/task pane and

it is
not checked.

This is not the case on my old Windows 98 box. Once I check task

pane, it
is there all the time.

What might be happening? And how can I make the task pane stick in

my XP
Laptop.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
T. Duprex T. Duprex is offline

Thank You. I forgot about that annoyance.