Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Default how to copy macros

Hello,

I'm trying to copy some macros form work to my personal computer but my
laptop it has Microsoft student edition ; Do you think I'm going to be able
to run those macros with this edition.
The other question is how can I copy this macros and what do I need to do to
be able to run those macros on my personal computer, where do I need to copy
those files or how can I do it. If you have an idea of how to do it, please
let me know cause I really need to use my personal computer after work,
please let me. Thank you for your time and help..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There are several ways to move macros from one computer to another.

1. The macros are stored in some template (or less commonly in a document).
You can copy that template's file from the work computer and transfer it to
the home computer, using a diskette, a memory stick, a CD-R, email, IM, or
any other means you can think of (dog sled?). The folder that contains
templates is shown in the Tools Options File Locations dialog, and it's
usually C:\Documents and Settings\your login name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates. The copy should go into the same folder on your
home computer, using your home computer's login name.

2. You can make a new blank template, and use Tools Templates & Add-Ins
Organizer Macros to copy the macros from the original template to the new
one. [Note that the Organizer shows the names of the modules that contain
the macros, in the same sense that folders contain files. You may have to
look in the VBA editor to discover which modules contain the macros you
want.] Then transfer the new template to the home computer.

3. In the VBA editor (Alt+F11), display the Project pane (Ctrl+R). Then you
can find the module that contains the macros you want. When you find the
correct module, right-click it and choose Export File. Supply a name and
folder for the file, which will have a .bas extension. Transfer that file to
your home computer. There, open the VBA editor, right-click the icon of any
template, and choose Import File. Select the .bas file and click OK to make
a new module containing the macros.

4. In the VBA editor, select the code of the macros you want, copy them to
the clipboard, and paste them into the body of an email. Send the email to
your home computer. There, create a new template, and insert a new module
into the template. Copy the code from the email and paste it into the code
window of the empty module.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Robert wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to copy some macros form work to my personal computer but
my laptop it has Microsoft student edition ; Do you think I'm going
to be able to run those macros with this edition.
The other question is how can I copy this macros and what do I need
to do to be able to run those macros on my personal computer, where
do I need to copy those files or how can I do it. If you have an idea
of how to do it, please let me know cause I really need to use my
personal computer after work, please let me. Thank you for your time
and help..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Can I use or transfer this macros from office professional edition to office
student edition? Or do I need to upgrade from office student edition to
professional ? Please let me know and thank you for you help.

Robert wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to copy some macros form work to my personal computer but
my laptop it has Microsoft student edition ; Do you think I'm going
to be able to run those macros with this edition.
The other question is how can I copy this macros and what do I need
to do to be able to run those macros on my personal computer, where
do I need to copy those files or how can I do it. If you have an idea
of how to do it, please let me know cause I really need to use my
personal computer after work, please let me. Thank you for your time
and help..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

As far as I'm aware, the capabilities of Word in the S&T edition are
identical to those in the Professional edition, possibly with the exception
of XML support (which has nothing to do with macros).

On your home computer, start Word and press Alt+F11. If the Visual Basic
editor starts up, you'll have no problems with compatibility.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]