Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
enter key gap enter key gap is offline

Default How do you close up the gap when you hit the enter key to much?

I was trying to add a add'l line of space between the addresses for a letter.
However, I apparently hit the enter key too much & want to close up the gap.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Each time you hit Enter, you create a new paragraph. When you hit enter
several times, you create several empty paragraphs. You need to select and
delete all or some of these empty paragraphs:

To better understand what happens, do this:
Below the Menu Bar in top of the window, look for an icon with this symbol:
¶. Click the icon. The icon is found in the Standard toolbar €“ if you cannot
see the icon, go to View Toolbars and make sure that a checkmark appears
besides the Standard toolbar.

The ¶ icon in the Standard toolbar turns on and off formatting marks
(non-printing characters in your document such as paragraph marks and
spaces). In your document, you will now see a ¶ for each time you have hit
Enter €“ each ¶ represents a paragraph in your document. Click on the first
line with only a ¶ and hit the Delete button until you have deleted the empty
paragraphs you want. You will see that one of these paragraph marks disappear
each time you hit Delete and the text below moves upwards.

You may click the ¶ icon in the Standard toolbar again if you want to hide
the paragraph marks etc.

I suggest that you get hold of some kind of getting started users guide for
Word in order to get familiar with the basics.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"enter key gap" wrote:

I was trying to add a add'l line of space between the addresses for a letter.
However, I apparently hit the enter key too much & want to close up the gap.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I suggest that you get hold of some kind of getting started users guide
for
Word in order to get familiar with the basics.

For such a guide, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html