Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Creating a line in Word 2003

I can't figure out why I don't seem to be able to create a line (actually a
signature line) in Word 2003. The underline key [_____] usually does the
job but there seems to be something about the style I am using that prevents
that. All I get instead are blank spaces. Same with creating blank spaces
and trying to underline them. What I want to create is a signature block
like this:

DEWEY CHEATHAM & HOWE

Snively Whiplash

If I use a style with line spacing at 22.5 the underlining works--but of
course the spacing is wrong. If I cut the line spacing to 11.25 (single
spacing) no more underlining!