guntherhead

Default On a Word template, how do i make the text wrap around?

I have a template I downloaded from the Office website. When typing in the
body of the template, when you come to the end of the line, the text (the
cursor) doesn't automatically drop down the the next line. You can continue
typing and the text goes off into never never land. You have the move the
cursor with the mouse to the next line to continue typing. How do I fix this?
Anne Troy

Hi. It might be helpful to know which template you downloaded.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"guntherhead" wrote in message
I have a template I downloaded from the Office website. When typing in

the
body of the template, when you come to the end of the line, the text (the
cursor) doesn't automatically drop down the the next line. You can

continue
typing and the text goes off into never never land. You have the move the
cursor with the mouse to the next line to continue typing. How do I fix

this?

guntherhead

Go to Microsoft Office Online, Templates, Healthcare & Wellness, For
Providers, (Page 2), Physical Therapy Evaluation. In the body of the form,
where there are multiple lines for completion, as you type on one line and
come to the end (the right hand margin), the text doesn't drop down to the
beginning of the next line like a normal Word document. Thanks.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi. It might be helpful to know which template you downloaded.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"guntherhead" wrote in message
I have a template I downloaded from the Office website. When typing in

the
body of the template, when you come to the end of the line, the text (the
cursor) doesn't automatically drop down the the next line. You can

continue
typing and the text goes off into never never land. You have the move the
cursor with the mouse to the next line to continue typing. How do I fix

this?

Anne Troy

Okay, I've had me a look...what fun that was---couldn't find it! Anyway, I
don't see any "lines" that are designed to wrap. You'd have to redesign it
slightly to make it wrap. So, either tab to the next line, or redesign it.
You could merge the table cells. But they do it that way, I'm sure, so the
form doesn't get too long, and so they can also be printed and used to fill
in manually.

*******************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi. It might be helpful to know which template you downloaded.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"guntherhead" wrote in message
I have a template I downloaded from the Office website. When typing

in
the
body of the template, when you come to the end of the line, the text

(the
cursor) doesn't automatically drop down the the next line. You can

continue
typing and the text goes off into never never land. You have the move

the
cursor with the mouse to the next line to continue typing. How do I

fix
this?

guntherhead

Well you're right. There are no lines that are designed to wrap. That's the
problem. I would like them to wrap. If I knew how to redesign the form, I
wouldn't have posted this question. I can't be any clearer in my instruction
on how to find this template - I double checked the steps and had no problem
getting to the form. I guess if you couldn't find it you wouldn't see any
"lines". Would you try again please? Thanks.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi. It might be helpful to know which template you downloaded.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"guntherhead" wrote in message
I have a template I downloaded from the Office website. When typing

in
the
body of the template, when you come to the end of the line, the text

(the
cursor) doesn't automatically drop down the the next line. You can
continue
typing and the text goes off into never never land. You have the move

the
cursor with the mouse to the next line to continue typing. How do I

fix
this?

From your description, the form was designed to be filled in by hand. Lines
were created using table rows with bottom borders. There is no way to make
this work with continuous text in Word. You either have to type to the end
of a line, tab to the next row, and continue, or redesign the form. For
suggestions, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
letters - ask/fillin Caroline H New Users 2 February 25th 05 09:19 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM