Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] chief120@gmail.com is offline

Default Office 2007 Save As PDF shortcut not working

I was able to download and install the PDF tool from Microsoft for
Office 2007 Pro. It seemed to install just fine and when I bring up
the save as dialog box I can select PDF as the "save as type" just
fine and it will create a PDF for me. The problem I'm running into,
and this is minor in my eyes but will probably be annoying in others,
is if you go to the Office button Save As PDF (the slide out sub
menu) it will bring up the Save As dialog box but the "save as type"
is Word 97-2003, not PDF. You can choose PDF as the save as type, but
if you don't notice it right away it will save as a doc. Is there
some registry setting I need to modify?

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is working correctly on four computers we have that run Office 2007. It
sounds like something you might be able to fix using Word's Diagnose/Repair
option.

Office button Word Options Resources Diagnose.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was able to download and install the PDF tool from Microsoft for
Office 2007 Pro. It seemed to install just fine and when I bring up
the save as dialog box I can select PDF as the "save as type" just
fine and it will create a PDF for me. The problem I'm running into,
and this is minor in my eyes but will probably be annoying in others,
is if you go to the Office button Save As PDF (the slide out sub
menu) it will bring up the Save As dialog box but the "save as type"
is Word 97-2003, not PDF. You can choose PDF as the save as type, but
if you don't notice it right away it will save as a doc. Is there
some registry setting I need to modify?

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] chief120@gmail.com is offline

Interesting. I tried running a repair on my install of Word and that
didn't fix it. I went to two computers that didn't have this add-in
installed. One I had install it directly from the network as opposed
through Zenworks while the other I had download the PDF and XPS
combined add-in and install it. For both users when they went to
Office Save As PDF it defaulted the save as type to something
other than PDF, usually docx. So that points to something in the
setup configuration that's causing this problem or possibly some
Windows configuration in our environment.

Matthew